Row for columns and column elements
Locating the row for columns and column elements
To find these elements:
- Navigate to a page or template with the Layout canvas
- Click the + button on the Layout canvas
- Within the Elements tab, look for the Row for columns and Column elements.
To create a columns based layout:
- Drag a Row for columns element onto the Layout canvas
- Drag a Column element into the Row for columns element
- Double click on the Column element to edit its settings
- Set the width of the Column in the Width field. As an example, set it to 6 columns
- Click Apply
- Click on the ... icon menu on the Column element
- Click Duplicate
If you place a Row for columns element as the outer most parent you will get horizontal scrollbars. This is because the Columns bleed into the gutters. To prevent this, you must add a Container around your Row for columns. A simple way to do this is to add a wrapping Container to your Master template.
After the above process you will see there are two equal width columns on your layout canvas. You can now add content to these to see your two column layout on your website.