Plain text area form element
Use the Plain text area form element to add a plain text area field to your Component form. For more information, see Create an editable component.
Locating the plain text area form element
To find the Plain text area form element:
- Navigate to a component
- Click the + button on the Component form builder
- Within the Fields tab, look for the Plain text area form element.
The Plain text area form element includes the following fields:
- Provide a name for the form element. Important: This will be displayed in your component form.
- Max. characters - Set the maximum number of characters allowed
- Placeholder text - Set text to appear as a placeholder within the field.
- Default value (optional) - Set a default value for the Plain text area field
- Required - When toggled on, the Plain text area field becomes a required field when using the Component
- Error message (optional) - The validation error message displayed if the editor doesn't provide a value.
- Escape - When toggled on, this will escape any HTML that is input into the field by the site editor and output as plain text. This is turned on by default.