Step 3. Enable the DX8 minimal theme
To create a new website with DX8 you need to install and enable the DX8 minimal theme. The theme provides a number of things:
- It removes Drupal's default theme Bartik which comes with layouts and CSS styles you will not need
- It provides some minimal CSS for Drupal's administration functions and the search block
- It includes a number of Drupal regions including the content region
- It includes some DX8 specific code for using DX8.
To install the DX8 minimal theme and set it as the default:
- Click on Appearance in the Drupal navigation
- Next to DX8 minimal theme, click on Install and set as default
Do not use the DX8 minimal theme for the Administration theme. Leave this set to Seven.