Editing content inline
DX8 allows you to edit content inline, directly on the page. This feature enables you to make changes to both your content and your components quickly and easily. You can also jump straight to the Component configuration page when editing a component inline.
Using inline editing
To enable and use inline editing:
- Navigate to the page you want to edit (view the page itself, rather than the node edit screen)
- Click Edit in the top Drupal administration bar
- Click the Edit icon next to the item on the page you would like to edit
- On the drop-down, click Quick edit or, if you are editing a component, Edit component
- Make your changes in the Sidebar editor
- Click Apply
Quick access to component configuration
The quick edit menu against each component also provides quick access to the component configuration page (shown below). This option is only available to users with the permission to create and edit component configuration.