Entity reference form element
Locating the Entity reference form element
To find the Entity reference form element:
- Navigate to a component
- Click the + button on the Component form builder
- Click the drop-down arrow and select the Fields option
- Within the Fields list, look for the Entity reference form element.
The Entity reference form element includes the following fields:
- Entity type - Select the type of content that you want to reference
- Prevent editing of Entity type - Use this toggle to prevent the Entity type from being edited by a user.
- View mode - Select the view mode you would like the entity to use when displaying on the page, for example select teaser to display the referenced entity using the teaser view mode.
- Prevent editing of View mode - Use this toggle to prevent the View mode from being edited by a user. Note: This option is only available if the Prevent editing of Entity type toggle is selected.
- Entity - Start typing the title of the entity that you would like to be displayed on the page, a list of entities matching what you have typed in will appear below the text field. Click on the entity that you would like to be displayed.