Creating and using helpers
Helpers allow you to save Elements or groups of Elements on your Layout canvas to be used again quickly without having to rebuild them. You can think of helpers as an advanced copy and paste function. When you save a Helper it saves with it any child elements.
When a Helper is added to the Layout canvas it turns back into Elements. If you change the Helper, it will not affect any Helpers that have already been added to the Layout canvas.
Creating helpers directly from the layout canvas
You can save all or parts of your layout as a Helper directly from your Layout canvas.
To save a Helper:
- Choose an element on your Layout canvas you want to save as a Helper and click on the ...ellipsis menu and click on Save
- In the modal, enter a name for your Helper in the Title field. A short descriptive name is recommended
- In the Type drop-down select Helper
- In the Category drop-down, select a category of Helper. This organises your Helpers into logical categories to help you find them
- Click Save.
Using your helpers
You can use your Helpers to quickly add saved layouts to your Layout canvas.
To use your Helpers:
- Click on the +button on the Layout canvas to open the Sidebar browser
- Click on the Dropdown icon at the top of the Sidebar browser
- Select Helpers from the dropdown list
- Drag your Helper onto the Layout canvas from the Sidebar browser
- When dropped, the Helper will turn back into the Elements that it's made from.
Managing your helpers
You can manage all your Helpers from one place. For more information, see Managing your helpers.