Component form helpers
Component form helpers allow you to save Component form Elements or groups of form Elements on your Component form builder to be used again quickly without having to rebuild them. You can think of helpers as an advanced copy and paste function. When you save a Helper it saves with it any child elements.
When a Component form helper is added to the Component form builder it turns back into form Elements. If you change the Helper, it will not affect any Helpers that have already been added to the Component form builder.
Creating component form helpers directly from the component form builder
You can save all or parts of your form as a Helper directly from your Component form builder.
To save a Helper:
- Navigate to an existing component and click edit
- Scroll down to the Component form builder and click the Options menu and click on Save as
- In the modal, enter a name for your Component form helper in the Title field. A short descriptive name is recommended
- In the Category drop-down, select a category of Helper. This organises your Helpers into logical categories to help you find them
- Click Save.
Using your component form helpers
You can use your Component form helpers to quickly add saved layouts to your Component form builder.
To use your Helpers:
- Click on the +button on the Component form builder to open the Sidebar browser
- Click on the Dropdown icon at the top of the Sidebar browser
- Select Helpers from the dropdown list
- Drag your Helper onto the Component form builder from the Sidebar browser
- When dropped, the Helper will turn back into the form Elements that it's made from.
Component form helpers can only be used on the Component form builder and not on a Layout canvas.