Use the Button element to add an button <button> to your layout.
Locating the button element
To find the Button element:
- Navigate to a page or template with the Layout canvas
- Click the + button on the Layout canvas
- Within the Elements tab, look for the Button element.
The Button element includes the following fields:
- Button text - Add text to show on the Button
- Title attribute - Add a title attribute
- Type - Select the type of button
- Back to top - Add a smooth scroll back to the top of the page
- Scroll to - Add a smooth scroll to a jQuery selector
- Scroll target - Enter a jQuery selector to target an element to scroll to.
- Scroll duration - Enter the time it will take for the scroll to complete in milliseconds.
- Offset type
- Offset against element - Offset the top of completed scroll position by the height of an element. Target the element using a jQuery selector.
- Offset in PX - Offset the top of completed scroll position in pixels.
- Modifier and/or jQuery animation - Toggle, add or remove a modifier class on an element using on-click. For more information, see Add on-click interactivity to elements
- Open modal - Link to open a modal
- Modal ID - Enter the ID of the modal to open
- Button style - Apply a Button custom style. For more information, see Creating custom styles.
- Match heights - Match the height of the element using:
- None - Removes the match heights at the specific breakpoint
- Class - Match the height of the element with another element with the same class name
- Children with class - Match the heights of any child elements with the same class name
- Child element - Match the heights of all child elements of the same type.
For more information on Match heights, see Match the heights of elements.
- Add comments - Add comments to the Element. For more information, see Adding comments to an element.